On Instagram, we often hear about hashtags. A hashtag is a word (or phrase) preceded by the pound sign (#) and is used to label the posts making them visible to everyone, even to those who are not among your followers.
If you want to become an influencer on Instagram, the correct use of hashtags will allow you to increase your visibility on the Social Network. But how to add hashtags on Instagram? In this guide, I’ll explain how to create a hashtag and insert it in posts, comments, stories, and bio.
Table of Contents
Add hashtags on Instagram
First of all, you have to choose the hashtags to insert in the posts.
Generally, you have to choose popular and relevant hashtags with the content of your post.
Once you have chosen the hashtags you have to add them in the posts/stories. Here, then, how to add hashtags to Instagram post and story.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and log in to your account (if necessary).
- Click on the (+) button located at the bottom, in the center of the screen.
- Then tap on the preview of the photo or video you want to post (or, take a new photo or record a new video).
- Then tap on Next, located at the top right and then click again on Next.
- Now, in the text field Write a caption … add the hashtags you want to use. To do it, click on the # symbol on the keyboard and type the word or phrase you want to link with your post. Of course, in the post, you can insert the hashtags where you want: at the beginning, at the end, between one word and another, and so on.
When you add a hashtag, Instagram will show the popularity of the hashtag and will tell you the number of posts where it has already been used.
- When you have completed the post’s caption, click on OK placed at the top right and tap the Share button to publish the post.
You have to know that it’s possible to add hashtags also in Instagram Stories. You just have to use a specific sticker to insert a hashtag.
To insert hashtags in the Stories:
- Log in to your Instagram account from your mobile device and then tap on your profile photo.
- Choose the content to add in your story (photo or video).
- After choosing the content, click on the smiley face at the top right.
- Then, tap on the #HASHTAG sticker, and type the word or phrase to add as hashtag
- Finally, click on Done.
- Now, move the sticker in the spot you prefer, and customize it (resize it, or choose the model you like best.
- Then, tap on the (+) button to publish your Story. Now, all those who will view your story will be able to tap on the hashtag and see the contents related to it.
You can also insert hashtags in Instagram comments. You just have to write a word or phrase preceded by the symbol #.
- log in to your Instagram account
- look for the post you want to comment on and click on View al xx comments.
- In the screen that opens, you’ll view all the comments that have been published so far by other users. In the Add a comment … text field, type the text of your message and
- add the hashtag by pressing the # symbol on the keyboard followed by the word or phrase you want to use.
- Finally, click Post to publish your comment.
Would you like to add hashtags in your Instagram bio?
- Open the Instagram app on your Android/Apple/Windows device, and log in to your account (if necessary)
- Then click your photo’s profile located at the bottom right and select Edit Profile.
- Now, tap on the text field Bio and in the editor that appears, enter the hashtags you want in your bio: click the # symbol on the keyboard followed by the word or phrase you want to use.
- When finished, click on Done at the top right to save the changes.