Are the desktop icons too big or too small? No problem! You can make smaller them or enlarge them according to your needs. And, in this guide, I’ll explain to you exactly how to change desktop icons size.
Table of Contents
- Change desktop icons size on MacOS
- Change desktop icons size on Windwos
- Change icons size on Smartphone/Tablet
Change desktop icons size on MacOS
If you are a Mac user, you can change the desktop icons in a very easy way.
- Turn your MacOS on and go to the desktop.
- Right-click anywhere (not on a icons) and select Show View Options from the menu that appears.
- Then, in the new screen, drag the Icon Size slider to the left (to make the icons smaller) or to the right (to make the icons bigger).
- In addition, here you can drag the Grid Spacing slider to set the space between the icons.
Change desktop icons size on Windwos 10
If you are a Windows user and use Windows 10 or earlier (Windows 8/ Windows 7 or Vista) you can change the icons of your desktops in two ways.
The easiest way to larger or make smaller the icons is through a shortcut.
- Turn your computer on and go to your desktop
- The hold down the Ctrl key on your computer keyboard and, at the same time, move the mouse wheel up and down. The desktop icons will become smaller and larger.
- Turn on your computer and go to the desktop.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen (on a free space, where there are no icons)
- From the menu that appears, select View.
- Here you can choose the size of the icons. You can choose between Small Icons (or Classic Icons at 32 × 32 pixels), Medium Icons ( the default icon sizes, 48 × 48 pixels), or Large Icons (96 × 96 pixels).
Change icons size on Smartphone/Tablet
If you need, you can change even the icons size on your smartphone or tablet.
If you are an iOS user, unfortunately, there is no built-in function to change the home screen icons size. So you need to use some special apps to get the result. But these applications are availble only for jailbroken devices.
So, first of all you need to do the jailbreak of your phone. Then, go to Cydia and buy some “tweaks” (the special apps you need) and finally, change the size of the icons on the main iOS screen.
On Cydia there are a lot of apps that allow you to customize your iPhone/iPad, includes the possibility to resize the icons of your screen. For this specific goal, I suggest you Reform app because is an app completely dedicated to resizing icons and other elements of the iOS interface.
An alternative to Reform is Springtomize which is one of the best app for customizing iOS devices.
Unfortunately, both the tweaks are not free, but you have to pay $ 2.99.
If you use an Android smartphone or tablet, to resize the icons on the home screen you need to install a launcher.
On the Play Store there are many launchers. One of the best is Nova Launcher. There is a free version of Nova Launcher or a paid version that includes more additional features. But to change the size of the icons, the free version is enought.
If you want more details on how to change icons/icons size on Android, you can read my dedicated guide.