This guide will show you how to convert PDF to Excel. It will explain to you all the steps you will have to follow to get an excel file from a pdf file.
Keep in mind that the result will not be perfect, because of the formatting and some information could be truncated.
Table of Contents
- Software to convert PDF to Excel
- Online services to convert PDF to Excel: I Love PDF, Small PDF, PDF to Excel Online
Software to convert PDF to Excel
If you want to convert a PDF file to Excel file, the first solution I suggest to you is a PDF converter program: Able2Extract.
Able2Extract is an application that has to be installed on your computer. This software is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. It’s not free, but there is a free trial version that you can try for seven days. It allows you to convert automatically up to three pages at a time.
To use the free trial version:
- Go to the official website of Able2Extract and click the button of your operating system. Then click Download.
- When the download is complete, you’ll get a file package. Click it and then, click Yes and then Next.
- Put the check mark on I accept the agreement to accept the conditions of use of the program and then click Next and then Install and Finish.
- Once the installation is complete, open Able2Extract and click the Continue trial button.
- Now, click Open at the top left and select the PDF you want to convert into an Excel document.
- At this point, select which values you want to move into the Excel spreadsheet.
- Then, click the Excel button at the top left and choose whether to convert the document automatically or manually. If you choose Manually, you can modify the structure of the output spreadsheet.
- Finally, chose where to export the file in Excel format and click Complete conversion.
- Then, wait for the creation of the document.
The new excel file will be editable from any spreadsheet program, including Excel.
Online services to convert PDF to Excel
If you don’t want to download and install any new program on your computer, you can use one of the hundreds of online free apps to convert the PDF file.
I Love PDF
I Love PDF is one of the best PDF converter online services for converting and editing PDF files online. It is completely free and doesn’t require any email address.
The only limit is that you can upload up to 200MB and it converts only one file at a time.
To use I Love PDF:
- Go to the home page of I Love PDF and click the PDF to Excel button.
- Then, click Select PDF file to select the pdf to convert or drag the PDF in the browser window.
- Then click the Convert to Excel button and wait a few seconds. The output file will be automatically downloaded to your PC. Otherwise, you can click Download Excel to download the file.
SmallPDF is another online PDF converter, very similar to I Love PDF.
It’s free and doesn’t require any registration. Like I Love PDF, you can convert only one file at a time.
To use SmallPDF:
- connect to the main page of the app and click PDF to Excel.
- Drag the PDF in the browser window or click Choose file to select the PDF to convert.
- Then, wait for the creation of the excel file and at the end, click the Download button to download it to your computer.
PDF to Excel online
The last alternative I want to suggest to you is PDF to Excel online.
Like for the other solutions:
- Go to the home page of the official website of the app and click the Select a file button.
- Choose the PDF to convert and type your e-mail address.
- Then, click Convert Now and wait for the output file. After a few seconds, you will receive the link to download the Excel document.