Do you have many contacts on Google and would you like to copy them to other email services to have them always at hand? In this guide, I will explain how to import gmail contacts to Outlook.
Table of Contents
- How to import contacts from Google to Outlook
How to import Gmail contacts to Outlook
Export Gmail Contacts
To import Gmail contacts to Outlook follow the steps below.
- First of all, create a CSV file. A CSV file is a file that can contain one or more contacts (in this case, the entire Google address book).
- Then, import the CSV file into Outlook.
To create the CSV file from Goolge follow the steps below:
- Go to the Google Contacts page (if necessary entre your email and password to access to your Google account).
- Then click Export, located in the left sidebar.
- In the new screen that opens, put the check mark next to Contacts to export all your contact, or next to Selected contacts to export only some contacts. In addition, put a check mark next to Outlook CSV, if you want to import contacts in Outlook for Windows, or next to vCard (for iOS contacts), if you want to add contacts to Outlook for Mac.
- Finally, click on the Export button to export the file.
Import Gmail contact to Microsoft Outlook
After creating the CSV file, you can import your contacts into Outlook.
If you are a Windows user:
- Start Microsoft Outlook from the Start menu.
- Then click File located at the top left.
- Select Open and export, and then click on Import / export.
- Next, click Import data from other programs or files, and click Next.
- Now select Comma separated values, and click Next.
- Click Browse and choose the CSV file just created.
- Finally, choose whether to replace duplicates contacts, create them or avoid importing them by putting the check mark next the appropriate item. Then click Next.
- Select Contacts and click Next and then End.
If you are a MacOS user:
- Right-click on the CSV file
- From the menu that appears, choose Open with and then Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on Save and then on Close, located at the top left. All the contacts in the file will be added.
Import Gmail contact to Outlook.com
Importing contacts from Google to Outlook.com is really easy.
- First of all, go to Outlook home page and log in by entering your email and password.
- Then click on People (the icon with two people), at the bottom left.
- Now select Manage located on the toolbar and choose Import contacts from the menu that appears.
- Then click the Browse button to upload your CSV file.
- Finally click the Import button located at the bottom of the screen to import your Google contacts to Outlook.