Do you have many contacts on Google’s address book and would you like to have them always at hand on your iPhone? In this guide, I will explain how to import Google contacts to iPhone and iCloud.
Table of Contacts
How to import Google contacts to iPhone
The simplest method to import Google contacts to iPhone is to set up your Gmail account on your smartphone and then enable the automatic synchronization of the contacts. To do it:
- Take your iPhone and tap on Settings (the gear icon), on the home screen of your device.
- Then click Passwords and Accounts and then Add Account.
- From the screen that opens, choose Google to start the configuration process. So, log in to your Google account, entering your email address and password.
- Then tap on Next and on Allow.
- Now, check if the button next to Contacts is set to ON.
- Finally, click Save to confirm the changes. After a few minutes, you will see your Google contacts in the address book of your iPhone.
If you do not want to set up your Google account on your phone, you can import Google contacts directly into your Apple ID, via iCloud.
How to import Google contacts to iCloud
The procedure to import Google contacts to iCloud is simple and fast.
- First of all, you need to export contacts from Gmail. So, go to your Google contacts page and click on Export (on the left sidebar). Put the checkmark next to Contacts and next to vCard (for iOS contacts). Then click on Export to export your Google contacts.