This guide will explain to you in detail how to see the saved passwords on iPhone. In particular, it will show how to view the password of the wi-fi and websites, using the mobile, MacOS and third-party apps.
Table of Contents
See the saved passwords of the Wi-fi on iPhone
If you are connected to the Wi-Fi, you can view the stored password, by accessing the modem/router control panel from the iPhone.
- Take your iPhone and tap Settings on the home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi and then on the “i,” next to the name of the wireless network you are connected to.
- Tap Router, and continue to press it for a while. Then, from the menu that appears, select Copy to copy the IP address of your router.
- Open Safari and paste the IP address on the address bar, at the top of the screen.
- You should see the screen of your router and enter your username and password to access the router management panel.
- Go to the section dedicated to the wireless network and find the Password item to see the password of the Wi-Fi.
If you are not connected to the Wi-Fi, but you use the same connection of the Mac, you can not display the password for the Wi-Fi directly from iOS. You need to use the Mac and access to the iCloud.
- From your MacOS, open Launchpad and click on Keychain Access.
- Click on Local items and Password, in the left sidebar.
- Then look for the name of the wireless network and double-click it.
- In the new window that opens, flag the box next to Show password.
- Enter the password of your user account on macOS and click OK. In the Show password field will appear the password of the Wi-Fi.
Third-party apps – Wifi Passwords
If you’ve done the jailbreak on your iPhone, you can download the Wifi Passwords app from Cydia. The app allows you to view the passwords of Wi-Fi networks stored on your device.
- Open Cydia, download and install Wifi Passwords.
- When the installation is completed, open the app and check the list of networks stored on the iPhone or iPad.
See the password of websites saved on iPhone
The procedure to find out how to see the saved passwords on your iPhone relating to visited sites and apps is easy.
- Take your mobile and tap Settings.
- Select Passwords & Accounts and then Websites & App Passwords.
- Unlock the access by entering your code/Face ID/Touch ID
- In the new screen, you’ll see the list of sites and apps for which you’ve stored the password on iPhone.
- Tap the name of the site or app to view the username and password.
- If you want to delete a stored password, swipe to the left on the site or app name and click Delete.
- If you want to change the login data stored, tap the name o the site or app and then tap Edit in the upper right. Press the field you want to edit and change it. To save the changes, press End in the upper right corner.
If you are interested in storing your passwords and other access credentials, you can read our specific guide on How to store passwords. In the guide, you’ll find the best password managers that you can use to safely save your login data on computer and mobile devices.