Do you want to view browsing history? In this guide, I will show you how to retrieve the history information from all the most famous browsers, both on desktop and mobile versions.
Table of Contents
View browsing history
To see your Google Chrome browsing history from your computer:
- Open Google Chrome browser from your computer.
- Click on the button (⋮) located at the top right.
- From the menu that opens, select History.
- In the next window, scroll down the page to view the list of sites visited in the past; if you want to look for a specific website, you can type its name or address in the search history bar at the top.
If you want to view the Google Chrome browsing history for smartphone or tablet:
- Open the browser app from your mobile device
- Tap the button (⋮).
- Then, in the menu that appears, select History.
- At this point, you can see the entire browsing history by scrolling down the page. Alternatively, you can use the magnifying glass to find a specific site.
If you are a Safari user, you can see the Safari browsing history in the following way:
- Open Safari browser from your Mac.
- Click on History, in the top bar of the Mac.
- From the menu that appears, choose Show all history to view all the websites you visited in the past. In the same menu, you can select other options: Recently Closed to see all the website you’ve recently visited; Earlier Today, a specific day or Clear History, to delete all the sites you visited.
To view Safari history on iPhone:
- Take your iPhone and open the Safari app.
- Tap on the book icon at the bottom of the screen
- Then, select the History tab (the clock icon) from the screen that opens and you’ll see all the sites you have visited in chronological order.
If you are an Internet Explorer user:
- Open Internet Explorer from your computer.
- Click on the star-shaped icon at the top right.
- Then select the History tab. To carry out a targeted search, click on the drop-down menu at the top and choose the Search in history option, so as to activate the specific search bar.
If you use Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge, you can view the history of the sites you’ve visited in the following way:
- Open Edge from your computer.
- Click on the (…) icon, located at the top right.
- From the menu that appears, select History. You’ll be able to see the list of all the sites you’ve visited, divided by days.
To view Microsoft Edge history on the smartphone:
- Open the Edge app.
- Tap the star-shaped icon with three horizontal lines, located at the top right.
- Then, select the History tab (the clock icon with an arrow) to view the sites you’ve visited.