Have you archived a message on Facebook and now you don’t know how to recover it? No problem. In this guide, I will explain how to view facebook archived messages from mobile.
Table of Contents
- View Facebook archived messages from your mobile
- Restore Facebook archived chats from Facebook website
View Facebook archived messages from your mobile
To view and managing Facebook chats, you need to use Messenger app either for Android and iPhone devices.
If you are an Android user, to view the Facebook archived messages follow the steps below.
- Take your device and tap on the Facebook Messenger app from the Android home screen.
- On the main Messenger screen, tap on the speech bubble, at the bottom right.
- In the search field that appears, enter the name of the person or Facebook page whose chat you want to recover and select it.
- Now you will be able to view the archived conversation. The archived chat will include all the messages exchanged, any links, media, stickers, etc.
At this point, you can restore the chat on the main screen. To do this:
- Write a message in the field at the bottom
- Then click the button with the paper airplane to send it.
The chat will automatically be visible in the upper part of the Messages tab.
If you change your mind, and you want to archive again the chat just recovered, follow the steps below.
- Start the Facebook Messenger app
- Select the Messages tab
- Then click for few seconds the chat you want to archive and select Archive from the menu that appears.
If you are an iPhone user, the procedure to follow is slightly different.
- Take your Apple mobile, and open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on the Search field located at the top, select the People tab and find the name of the person (or page) whose chat you want to recover.
- At this point, you should find the archived chat.
- Then write a message in the field at the bottom and tap the paper airplane to send it. In this way, the chat will be automatically visible again in the Messages section, on top of all the others.
If you change your mind, and you want to archive again the chat:
- Start the Facebook Messenger app.
- Go to the messages tab and tap for few seconds the chat you want to archive
- From the menu that opens, select Other
- Choose the Archive option.
Restore Facebook archived chats from Facebook website
Another way to recover archived chats is through the Facebook website, acting on your smartphone’s browser.
- Take your phone, go to the Facebook home page, from the browser of your mobile (Chrome/Safari).
- Log in to your account by typing your email and password (if necessary) and enable the desktop mode for the site.
- Then click on the Messenger icon, located on the blue Facebook bar, on the top.
- Select See all in Messenger from the menu that opens.
- In the new screen, click Settings (the gear icon), in the top left corner and tap on Archived Threads.
- At this point, select the chat you want to restore.
- To restore the chat, type a message in the field Type a message located at the bottom right of the screen and then tap Send.
The chat will be automatically restored and it will be visible in the main Facebook section, where all the chats are collected. The recovered chat will be also visible on the Facebook Messenger app.
Note: to enable the desktop mode: if you use Chrome, click the button (…) located in the bottom right and select Request desktop site from the menu that opens. If you use Safari as browser, click the share button at the bottom of the screen and select Request desktop site from the menu that opens.